The Career Training Program is for individuals beginning their professional development in the hospitality or tourism industry. Look at our list of required and desired qualifications below to see if you’d be a good match for our programs!
Career Training Program Requirements:
- Have a degree from a post-secondary institution and at least one-year work experience in a related field, OR
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field in which they are seeking training
- Be over the age of 18
- Your Internship must be in a field related to your field of studies
- Committed to fulfilling job duties for the duration of the program
- Have at least $500 USD available to support yourself upon arrival in the United States
- Be able to prove that you will return home at the end of the program by showing ties to your home country.
- Be fluent in English
The following objectives will be met through participation in the program:
- Introduce international professionals to American culture and business practices by living and working with other Americans;
- Provide professionals the opportunity to develop their skills with hands-on application in their occupational field;
TransUSA Exchange participants can select programs based in the following fields:
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Management, Business, Commerce, and Finance
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, and Industrial Occupations
Our goal is to provide participants with an experience that will stick with them for a lifetime. We hope that each of our participants will return to their home countries excited to share their experiences and apply what they’ve learned to improve their home industries.
In addition, we always look forward to receiving feedback from our participants and hearing how they’re doing once they return.