Essentially, the Training Program connects hospitality undergraduates and young professionals from around the world with positions at U.S. companies for up to twelve months of career development.
We strive to provide our participants with experiences that equip them with knowledge they’ll take back home with them.
Participation in the program will introduce international professionals to American culture and business practices. Moreover, these hands-on opportunities provide participants a unique opportunity to develop their skills while at the same time broadening their horizons by traveling abroad.
Trainees are foreign nationals who enter the United States to participate in structured work-based internship programs. To be considered for a training program, applicants must either:
- Have a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and a minimum of one year of prior work related experience in their occupational fields acquired outside the U.S.
- Five years of work experience outside the U.S. in their occupational fields.
Trainees must also meet this criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Fluent in English
- Exhibits a versatile perspective and a willingness to learn.
- Has a minimum of $500 USD available to support his or herself upon arrival in the U.S.
- Can prove an intention to return home at the end of the program by showing ties to his or her home country.
Candidates will choose programs based within the following Hospitality & Tourism fields:
- Front Office
- Food & Beverage